4 RACERS ONLY.
THE NEW EKRIS M4 GT4
The new Ekris M4 GT4 has been specially developed with the needs of racers in mind. We have used all the experience gained during our more than 20 years of racing history. We have worked on this development in close collaboration with respected partners, making use of our combined knowledge. We received support from the SRO (Stéphane Ratel Organisation), organiser of highly-respected GT racing series like the GT4 European Series.
The BMW M4 provides the ideal platform on which to develop a racing car. It is powered by a three litre six-in-line Twin Power Turbo engine that delivers 431hp. We have expanded on this ground-breaking technology by modifying a large number of parts to ensure that the vehicle is track-ready. This includes, among other things, an adjustable race chassis, an exhaust system equipped with flow racing catalysts and the optimisation of the entire electronics system. The car has also been aerodynamically optimised to meet the demands of the GT4 rulebook, being equipped with monoblock brake callipers and supported by a race ABS system.
The M4 GT4 is of course also equipped with a number of safety precautions. This includes an approved roll cage, safety belts and a race seat, that all meet the latest safety standards.
Ekris Motorsport has developed this new M4 GT4 to compete in a variety of national and international championships. The 125-litre fuel tank makes it not only suitable for national and international sprint championships, but also for participation in endurance racing like the Creventic 24H Series and the German VLN championship.
ABOUT EKRIS MOTORSPORT.
With more than 50 years of BMW history, and more than 20 years of BMW racing experience, Ekris is strongly connected with the BMW brand. We simply love to WIN!
Tom Coronel | Peter Kox | Duncan Huisman | Nick Catsburg | Ricardo van der Ende
• Water cooled six-cylinder engine, rigid mounted
• Turbocharger: 2/production
• Intercooling: Air/water
• Capacity: 2,979 cm3
• Bore 84 stroke: 89.6 mm
• Compression: 10.2 : 1
• Max. output: approx. 430 bhp at 7,300 rpm
• Max. torque: approx. 480 Nm at approx. 3,800 rpm
• Max. engine speed: 7,600 rpm
• Single mass flywheel
• Race exhaust system (2 HJS motorsport catalyst)
• Welded safety cage in line with latest FIA standards
• FT3 safety fuel tank (approx. 125 litres)
• CFRP doors
• CFRP driver crash pad
• Polycarbonate rear and side screens
• Heated front windscreen
• OMP racing seat, HANS-compatible (in accordance with FIA requirements)
• Schroth six-point safety harness
• Adjustable steering wheel with quick release coupling
• Ergonomic centre console aligned towards driver for ease of operation
• ATL rapid fuelling system (in accordance with FIA requirements)
• Air jack system (4 jacks)
• Aerodynamically optimised chassis to comply with regulations for GT4 cars to be introduced in 2016 (splitter, rear wing)
• Manual BMW 6-speed gearbox with Power Blip and active oil cooling
• Sequential 6-speed gearbox with active oil cooling (Variant Option)
• Special developed pneumatic paddle shift system (Variant Option)
• Mechanical limited slip differential with active oil cooling
• Motorsport clutch (Sinter)
• Race suspension with 2-way adjustable Bilstein shock absorbers
• Machined aluminium top mount with camber adjustment
• Electromechanical Power assisted steering (adjustable)
• Optimized front brake cooling ducts
• Endless Racing brake system
• 6-piston 378 mm, Monobloc racing brake caliper at front
• 4-piston 355 mm, Monobloc racing brake caliper at rear
• Special GT4 design forged BBS rims, 10“ x 18“ on front and 11“ x 18“ rear axle, anthrazit
• Ekris Motorsport KMS 100M control unit with ECU-Control, traction control, and pit speed limiter
• State-off-the-art Power box
• Illuminated control panel
• Removable, multi-functional steering wheel (for example, operating pit speed limiter, full beam/flash function, radio, wiper, display, etc.)
• Bosch Motorsport race ABS adjustable with EBD (Software specially developed)
• Bosch Motorsport (New DDU9) colour display with 2gb logger function
• Motorsport wiring harness with various free sockets (e.g. for data logger)
• Fire extinguishing system
• Upgrade logger function Bosch Motorsport: 4gb, Rugged USB flash drive, etc.
• TPMS System (Specially developed for Bosch Motorsport System)
• SRO-ballast box. FIA approved
• RECARO P 1300 GT racing seat with bucket seat padding system. (in accordance with latest FIA standard 8862/2009)